Monday, December 21, 2009

Doctor Doctor

Funny how poo becomes a big topic in our daily lives now. Texture, colour, smell, blast radius. We took Bella to two doctors today to get a diagnosis on her poo among other things. Everythings good and in working order thank heavens.

While waiting in the waiting room at Dr. Hadad's, we witnessed a five alarm tantrum by a 3 year old. It was so bad that doctor's from adjoining offices came out to see what was going on. I turned to Victor and said "look what we have to look forward to". I tried not to get annoyed knowing full well that we may have to deal with these kind of adventures when Bella gets older. But I couldn't help but cringe. The father of this shrieking child remained calm and read a magazine as his son battled it out by kicking the coffee table in the room and pushing over a chair. I had a "WWJD" moment...but replace Jesus with "I". Wouldn't it make sense to give the kid the attention he is seeking, give a little love? We all have our ways to deal I guess and we all have to deal with surrounding judgments, like mine.

Anyways, as said kid kicked his dad in the shins, I looked over at Bella as she had "poo push" face...she made us both laugh among the shrieking tension in the room.

No comments: