Saturday, November 22, 2008

kiwis and other random stuff

I just found out that I can eat kiwis again. I couldn't be happier! I was so happy that I went out and bought a huge bag of them and just polished off 3. I'm feeling a mild allergic reaction but I'm willing to suffer a bit for that green, juicy, seedy goodness!


And did you know that kiwis have a ton of vitamin C? I didn't. Bonus because I think I'm seriously lacking vitamin C or D because my skin has been getting paler and paler. So I'm pumping up the nutrient value in my alimentation over the drab winter months.

In other news, I was at the gym yesterday, watching CNN on the widescreen tv in front of the treadmill, and felt a surge of energy while I watched the newscast on Obama's proposed cabinet. I ran like the Dickens as I watched Hillary and Barack chatting it up on the executive plane. I watched in admiration, in awe and with exhiliration. I don't think you can even dream of a better group of people to lead a country in a period of economic hysteria. Visionaries and humanitarians. That's what this world needs in place of realists who want to tighten their belts and cut the fat. People are the culprits and the victims of the economy. We need leaders who will regulate corporate action, inspire change and nurture heavily impacted citizens.

Obama is an orator, with a love for discussion rather than argument or undemocratic action. He's a true liberal democratic. And this really invigorates me.

From kiwis to Obama...haphazard? No, just two positive developments that are making this day a really good one!

No comments: