Sunday, November 30, 2008

the sinful cake

I was so excited to have tea and dessert at my friend Wendy's house tonight. We had planned it since the middle of the week and I was in charge of choosing the dessert. So after grocery shopping yesterday, I stopped by a local bakery...well, a bakery in City Square Mall actually, which doesn't say much. I picked out the cutest "Sinful Chocolate Cake"...and it was heart-shaped which was kind of silly but I just went with it.

I arrived at Wendy's tonight with cake in hand, very proud of my selection. It even had a little santa claus ornament on it.

After eating some appetizers, we opened the cake box and oohed and aahed for a few minutes...then dug right in. I had been thinking about the cake all night and was ready for some sinful deliciousness. Wendy was in awe of the gooey chocolatey taste and I think even said "this is the best cake I've ever had" and I followed that with "do you taste mould?" I kept eating it just to make sure my taste buds weren't fooling me....and I think I devoured a huge chunk of green mould that was sitting in the middle of my piece. Blech. I actually can't even walk down memory lane, it was so disgusting. I really wish I took a picture of the greeney/white fuzz in the middle of cake. It was mad.

Fortunately, Wendy did not get a piece near the mould and dodged that bacterial bullet. I, on the other hand, quickly Googled "eating mould bad" and this is what I found out:

"Mold is bacteria which can be very harmful to your body. It eats at your insides and it never digests. Make sure you use the bathroom or vomit to get it out."

Weirdly enough, that's twice this week that I've ingested mould. Can't be good.

3 comments:

rawbean said...

I can't believe that happened! Holy SHIT! That's so awful. Are you going to call the place and tell them they sold you a mouldy cake?

IG and I had fun drinking red wine Friday night. You should come out next time.

Invisible G. said...

We had fun alright. I needed to be near the bathroom. :) It sounds like you can handle your mold better than I can handle m booze.

Invisible G. said...

Whoops, that was, "my" booze. I must still be drunk.