Thursday, March 11, 2010

Little Yogi


I've been told by two very spiritual people in the peripheries of my life that Bella will be a spiritual soul. A number 7 in numerology, Bella will apparently be very earthly and centered. As much as I want to be, I'm by no means a major follower of numerology nor do I put much thought into spirituality. However, I already feel Bella's calming power...her mellow, happy moods and wonderment of this world.

For this reason (and also because I darn well need to lose the final ten pounds of this baby weight), I have been taking her to yoga. It's now the third class in a row that I've taken her to and she has become a major yoga fan. She loves to watch me and other mommies go through the sun salutations, and ofcourse, likes to watch the other babies around the room.

As the moms all came together to chat and introduce our babes, two mothers were chatting offside about how beautiful and calm Bella is. I heard them as I was chatting to another mother and at that point, one of the moms came over to mention to me that Bella "is so mellow!". Bella spent the entire class in awe of my fluid movements and of the other babies smiles and cries. Calm and cool, a little drool and then it was time to go home.

And off we went to grandma/abuelita's house where the mellow disappeared and out came the tantrum! Bella wouldn't stop crying for almost an hour! I was all "where's the mellow now?" She's pretty well-rounded, that's for sure: a time to laugh, a time to cry.

And I leave you with a pic of little yogi relaxing with her grandma after a tough yoga session:

No comments: