Tuesday, September 7, 2010

bad hair day #2000

It's decided. My hair is bipolar. It's a mash-up of curly roots and straight ends...the opposite of what is normal as most people's hair curls at the bottom but is straight at the roots. Here's a pic of the offending hair:


Excuse the rookie PhotoShop skills but mat leave is my excuse.

So anyways, I think I might cut my hair. I spent almost four hours cleaning our place yesterday and guess what I found this morning after all that cleaning? My hair EVERYWHERE. No joke, I had cleaned to the point where our floor was spotless...then an hour later, a ton of my hair found itself back on the floor. So I need to chop this shag off.

I found this when I googled "short curly hairstyles 2010":


This chica does not have curly hair. It's curled. I like it (a lot) but I need to focus and find a hair do for natural curly hair. The hairstyle above would require ironing and curling and teasing and let's face it, crying because I'd be so annoyed with all the work involved. I need to just face the facts that this is what my hair looks like short:


And maybe, just maybe I can tame and texturize it to look a bit more like this (minus the supermodelness about it):


Let's see if I take the plunge in the next few days...it's a scary thought...

2 comments:

rawbean said...

NOOOOOO don't cut it! Not that it won't look cute, but guaranteed like 6 months from now you will declare "I'm growing my hair out!" And then you will want what you have right now!

What about a brazilian blowout?

By the way I love your curly hair - even Sally was like "So cute!"

salsero! said...

I know - I'll regret it for sure...but I can't handle the damaged hair! I just can't handle it!!!

And the Brazilian blowout is very tempting...very very tempting but I need to sniff it out a bit more...